Categorized | Vintage Charts

Enobytes Vintage Chart (as of January, 2009)

Your are viewing the 2009 vintage chart. For the LATEST CHART, click here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At last, our latest vintage chart hits the e-Stands. As you would expect, we’ve updated our chart to give you the latest information on “hold” and “drink” recommendations. This version also includes predictions for the 2008 vintage. Enjoy the download and happy buying, drinking, and cellaring.

Download Enobytes Free Vintage Chart (1987 – 2009)

This post was written by the Enobytes staff. Our mission is to promote an exchange of ideas that benefit professionals and enthusiasts alike. We consider our publication an alternative source to mainstream wine periodicals with an emphasis on bridging the gap between consumers and wine industry professionals. Eat Well. Drink Well. Live Well!

17 Responses to “Enobytes Vintage Chart (as of January, 2009)”

1. John Lipscomb says:

Your chart for Spain is flawed. The most important D.O.Q,. PRIORAT is not listed? Are you kidding??

2. enobytes says:

We never claimed our charts were all-inclusive, John. We only report on what we know. The good news is we’re planning a trip to your area in March. Maybe we could meet up? By the way, do you plan on writing any content on your blog?

3. Carmen says:

I already gave your chart a spin this weekend. Tried a few old Burgundies and Bordeaux. St. Emillion 1995 was damn good and I can attest its drinking well. Drank a 1993 and indeed, it was past it’s prime as suggested. Based on scores, the year wasn’t as good as the ’95. It’s too bad I hung on to it for so long. Oh well. I have a few others in the cellar so I”ll try those and let you know if they held up. I found a lot a great buys for the ’05 Chilean and New Zealand Hawke’s Bay. I’ll hold on to those for a bit. Thanks for the chart.

4. I have tried several of the wines on this chart and overall this chart is a great chart to have has a map to new wines. So many wines, so little time. It’s good to have a game plan and this does just that gives you some guidance in choosing your next experience. Thanks for the chart!

5. Michele Brune says:

I think its great your chart fits on one page. I also like the color coding which makes it really easy to read. Cheers!

6. wine clubs says:

Very cool chart, it’s the best resource of its kind that I’ve found anywhere! Very often people forget to give the broad overview and break down regions into such small segments that the graph is unusable.

7. enobytes says:

Glad to know that our chart is useful. Happy drinking & Cheers. ~Pamela

8. Jim Pratt says:

I love it! Have you considered adding Alsace to the list? That would be great and thanks.

9. enobytes says:

We’ll consider adding Alsace to our chart for a later release. Thanks for the kudos Jim.

10. Michael Good says:

Although Priorat is one of the oldest wine making regions of Spain, one can hardly call it THE MOST important. Rioja is the oldest and produces some of the finest wines in the Ebro region. Up and coming is Campo de Borja in that region. Montsant produces wines that are without question as fine a Priorat and Ribera del Duero has many fine bodegas as well as Toro in that region. I know you make wine in Priorat but please don’t be blinded by provincialism.

11. Abbey says:

Many thanks for the effort invested in the posting. It truly is much appreciated!!

12. wino gal says:

It would be great to see this in a wallet size or easy to digestible form! Maybe even a wine iphone app!

13. M. Jax says:

Many thanks for the work invested in the post. It really is very much appreciated. Would love to see the pocket version of this chart.

14. yammy says:

Yeah, I don’t care what anyone says, vintage charts are helpful. Would love to see the wallet sized version.