Categorized | Vintage Charts

Vintage Charts (as of January, 2011)

We’ve updated our free vintage chart to give you the latest information on “hold” and “drink” recommendations. This version also includes predictions for the 2009 vintage. Enjoy the download and happy buying, drinking, and cellaring.

Download Enobytes Free Vintage Chart

…before commenting about the lack of some regions (ah-hem, Champagne, Alsace, Germany, Austria) we don’t sample enough wine from these areas to place them on a chart. If you have the goods to deliver a rock solid opinion about these regions, let us know because we are looking for qualified contributors.

On a side note, check out how our recommendations stack up compared to major publications.

This post was written by the Enobytes staff. Our mission is to promote an exchange of ideas that benefit professionals and enthusiasts alike. We consider our publication an alternative source to mainstream wine periodicals with an emphasis on bridging the gap between consumers and wine industry professionals. Eat Well. Drink Well. Live Well!

14 Responses to “Vintage Charts (as of January, 2011)”

1. Melissa says:

I don’t qualify to rate on a VC level (sigh) but I do love my Alsatian wine!

2. Roger W. says:

As always, thanks for the great update. Would it be possible to convert this to a wallet chart?

3. enobytes says:

Roger, that would be a great addition. We’ll see what we can do. ~Pamela

4. Honestly the best part of this site and by far the best vintage chart available anywhere!

Nice suggestion Roger….I think that request is closely followed by a downloadable image on your handheld!

5. enobytes says:

Thanks for the kudos Mark! …the downloadable image is a great idea. I’ll add it to our “to-do” list. ~Pamela

6. Will says:

Yes, vintage still matters. One of the better vintage charts I’ve come across – great to see S. Africa listed. I agree with the comment about the wallet version. I like to carry a printed wallet size chart(yes, how quaint!)to use as the occasional tiebreaker when I’m trying to choose among unfamiliar bottles at the local wine shop or grocery store. The problems with all of the charts I’ve been able to find online are the complex color schemes and additional coding, which make the wallet size versions difficult to read. What we really need is a simple black on white version with just numerical ratings in an easy-to-read font.

7. enobytes says:

Thanks for the comment & kudos Will. I would imagine the B&W version would be relatively easy to do so let me see what I can put together… ~Pamela

8. Red says:

Always enjoy a good vintage chart. Out of interest, is there any reason you’ve given the Barossa and Mclaren Vale an exceptional rating for 2008? It was a heatwave vintage, and while there are exceptions, most wines I’ve tried seem to have suffered as a result.

• enobytes says:

Good callout Red. In my experience, most Americans haven’t tasted the best of what Australia has to offer, but to keep things into perspective, this is a living chart that continuously changes as we taste through the vintage. In particular, we’ve found pockets of great quality—from inexpensive wines like d’Arenberg and Yalumba Scribbler Cabernet and Fetish V spot Viognier to higher end wines like Groom Shiraz from Barossa Valley. We’ll keep tasting through the vintage and adjust ratings as we taste though the vintage. BTW, do you have any favs of the ’08 vintage?

1. Tweets that mention Vintage Charts (as of January, 2011) | Enobytes Wine Online -- Topsy.com says:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by enobytes wine online, NorthwestWinestoYou and Wine Lover. Wine Lover said: Vintage Charts (as of January, 2011): We’ve updated our vintage chart to give you the latest inf… http://bit.ly/fMGktn (via @enobytes) [...]