Tuscany is calling you. And so is Suckling. Go to Florence to celebrate the best Tuscan wines have to offer. On May 17 – 20, the four-day event, Divino Tuscany will bring together the top winemakers from Tuscany who will promote, share and demystify their top rated wines. The four-day event is the realization of James Suckling’s dream since moving to Tuscany in 1998 as the European Bureau chief of The Wine Spectator magazine. The idea is simple: The world must come to Florence to celebrate the best in Tuscan wine as well as food, entertainment, art, culture and history. There’s no place on earth like Florence!
About the Event: One-of-a-kind, 4-day celebration of the best Tuscan wines, food and culture. Divino Tuscany will offer a distinctive program that highlights premium wines: wine tastings with Tuscany’s top winemakers, seminars and grand tastings curated by James Suckling, former Senior Editor and European Bureau Chief of Wine Spectator and one of the world’s most influential wine critics; special luncheons and dinners prepared by Michelin-starred chefs and entertainment organized by IMG Artists, one of the leading producers of cultural and lifestyle festivals. Participating winemakers include Marchesi Antinori, Frescobaldi, Mazzei, Ricasoli, Il Borro, Petrolo and Castello Banfi, and more.
- Festive welcome dinner to open the second edition of Divino Tuscany with the Italian premiere screening of James Suckling’s and James Orr’s film Heart and Soul of Cuba, recently shown to rave reviews at the Sonoma Film Festival, live music from Havana’s hottest pianist, Ernán López Nussa performing with his trio, and Grappa tasting with Cuban cigars
- Gala dinner at the opulent Palazzo Corsini on the banks of the Arno.
- Grand Tastings at the Grand Hotel Villa Cora poured by the winemakers and proprietors themselves.
- Saturday night dinners in the private Palazzi of the most well known Tuscan wine families.
- Join James Suckling as he escorts you through private tastings with winemakers he has personally invited for this intimate experience.
- Divino Tuscany will close with a relaxed country lunch at the private villa Il Palagio, courtesy of owners Sting and Trudie Styler.
Date/Time: May 17- 20, 2012
Location: Florence, Tuscany
Tickets: The Full Pass Package for Divino Tuscany is €1900 per person, including applicable VAT/IVA. Readers may purchase event tickets online
Update as of March 13: Divino Tuscany has just announced that it it now possible to purchase Single Pass tickets for Grand Tastings on Friday 5/18 and Saturday, 5/19.
IMG Artists UK / Divino Tuscany