New York Wine Expo
If you live in New York or plan to visit the area, be sure to check out the 6th annual New York Wine Expo happening March 1-3, 2013. The planners of this event are pros at putting on a great event, and I can attest they know how to rock wine events since I have attended their sister Boston Wine Expo event for many years.
This year, the expo will have 500 wines on hand for tasting and attendees will have an opportunity to meet the winemakers who produce them. Another great feature is attending the many wine seminars sold A La Cart. The Wine Spectator will present a number of them, and if you are a Pinot noir lover, don’t miss one of my favorite winemakers David Rossi of Fulcrum Wines present California Pinot Noir: Touring The State’s Great Pinot Regions.
And the best part? Enobytes readers receive $15 off Friday and Saturday tickets!! Simply add the promo code “ENOBYTES” at checkout to receive the discount. Click here to purchase.
And a few words of advice:
- Show up early as the event gets packed quickly!!
- Sign up for seminars early, as seating is limited. You’ll miss out if you wait to purchase tickets on the day of the event.
- Don’t wear cologne or perfume
- Be polite to those behind the tables and other participants
- Grab a sample and move out of the way so that others have a chance to grab a sample. The table is not there to camp out with food and wine samples, or to start a side conversation with a friend.
- Take the train/bus or hire a driver. That way you can enjoy yourself without the worry of driving.
When: March 1-3, 2013
Where: Jacob K. Convention Center, 655 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
Price: $25-$35 seminars, $85-$95 grand tasting