The market is flooded with gift ideas, but finding a unique gift for a wine enthusiast can be challenging. The last thing you want to do is buy them a tasteless gift or something they already own. Wine club memberships and gift certificates are good options; but if you are looking for something a little more distinctive, here are some suggestions that are sure to satisfy the most discerning enophile. Our ultimate holiday wine gift guide will help you buy with confidence!
Holiday Wine Buying Guide Suggestions:
Wine Training for the Geek in Your Life:
- LE NEZ DU VIN, The ultimate wine education gift
- Wine Exploration or Wine Boot Camp Training at the CIA Greystone
- French Wine Society (study programs as well as 1-year memberships)
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (classroom as well as online classes)
- International Wine Guild
- Wine Demystified: A Practical Guide taught by Master Sommelier Keith Goldston. This is probably the best online wine training going at a wicked bargain price.
Antique Wine Accessories:
Wine Sampler Packs:
Wine Magazine Subscriptions:
- Wine Spectator
- Wine Advocate
- Wine Enthusiast
- Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
- Connoisseurs Guide
- Guild of Sommeliers online subscription for the somm in your life. This is probably one of the best gifts going. I’ve been a member since 2009 and it is my favorite online wine community. And don’t forget to take your Somm to the spectacular Somm documentary coming soon to a theatre near you! Can’t wait? Buy the new Somm soundtrack.
- Code 38 Wine Openers
- Chateau Laguiole Corkscrews
- Durand Corkscrew (for removal of old corks)
- Zalto Wine Glasses
- Port Tongs
- Riedel Sommeliers Blind Tasting Glass
- Wine Soiree
Other Gifts for All Types of Wine Drinkers
- Gift cards from Wine.com, Total Wine & More or BevMo!
- K&L gift card or wine club membership. Also, search their old and rare wine selection
- JJ Buckley Holiday Wine Recommendations
- Wine Board Games
- Fat Cork Champagne gift suggestions
- Wine Country Getaways and more wine getaways in the U.S.
- Ride, Wine & Dine at Cloud9 Living
- Wine Travel Guides – plan your own private wine tour
- Buy a wine that celebrates the gift receivers’ birthday or anniversary – Try Zachy’s for old vintages
Thanks goes out to my Women Wine Writer friends on Facebook for generating a great list of unique varieties!
Can you think of other great wine gifts to give during the holidays? Leave your recommendations below!
*Disclaimer: This post was written last year and pretty popular in terms of chatter in the social media channels so I thought I would bring it back since there are many great suggestions in this list. Happy holidays and here is to you finding that perfect gift!