Classic Wines Auction
The Classic Wines Auction (CWA) announced its list of Portland Winemaker Dinners scheduled for Feb. 18-20 and 25-27. The 35 dinners, located at various distinguished Portland restaurants, offer guests a one-night-only menu paired with regional and international wines.
Forty-two vineyards and wineries from Oregon, Washington, California and Italy will be represented during the spring series. Money raised from winemaker dinner ticket sales goes toward serving CWA’s five benefiting charities from the Portland metro area and southwest Washington. 2014 partner charities include Metropolitan Family Service, New Avenues for Youth, Friends of the Children-Portland, YWCA Clark County and Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel.
The fall winemaker dinner series, which was held in November, attracted over 400 guests, raising more than $60,000 in dinner ticket and raffle ticket sales to help support families and youth in Portland and Clark County, Washington.
“I’m thrilled to announce such a spectacular turnout for our fall winemaker dinner series,” said Heather Martin, Executive Director of the Classic Wines Auction. “We were able to partner with a number of top Portland restaurants and renowned wineries from across the region for a fantastic evening celebrating delectable food and wine. I’m so grateful for their continued support of CWA and dedication to this important cause.”
Tickets for the Spring Winemaker Dinner Series are $150 per person and can be purchased online. All dinners begin at 6:30 p.m. and guests are encouraged to wear business casual attire. Restaurants and wineries participating in the February dinners include:
Tuesday, Feb. 18:
- Beast, Scott Paul Wines
- Irving Street Kitchen, Anam Cara Cellars/Evening Land Vineyards
- Meriwether’s Restaurant & Skyline Farm, Ponzi Vineyards
- Paley’s Place, Matello Wines
- Ringside Fish House, WillaKenzie Estate
- Coquina (at Southeast Wine Collective), Southeast Wine Collective
Wednesday, Feb. 19:
- Simpatica Dining Hall, Andrew Rich Wines/Elk Cove Vineyards
- Tabla Mediterranean Bistro, Italian wines from Young’s Market Co.
- Urban Farmer, Brittan Vineyards/Winderlea Vineyard & Winery
- Chef Jason Barwikowski (at the Art Institute of Portland), Crowley Wines/Evesham Wood Vineyard & Winery
Thursday, Feb. 20:
- Bluehour, De Ponte Cellars
- Gracie’s Restaurant at Hotel deLuxe, King Estate Winery
- Smallwares, Johan Vineyards
- Coppia Restaurant & Wine Bar, Basel Cellars/Lemelson Vineyards
- Imperial, Trisaetum
- Chef John Gorham (at the Art Institute of Portland), Cameron Winery
Wednesday, Feb. 25:
- Andina Restaurant, Angela Estate/L’Ecole N°41
- Levant, Buty Winery
- Nel Centro, Apolloni Vineyards
- Noble Rot Bar & Restaurant, Helioterra Wines
- Raven & Rose, Big Table Farm
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Amavi Cellars/Anne Amie Vineyards
- Wildwood Restaurant, Pepper Bridge Winery
Thursday, Feb. 26:
- Aviary, Col Solare
- Ataula, Abacela Vineyards & Winery
- DOC, Italian wines from PDX Wine
- Mucca Osteria, Donnafugata
- Olympic Provisions NW, Teutonic Wine Co.
- Lincoln Restaurant, Domaine Serene Vineyards & Winery
Friday, Feb. 27:
- Clarklewis, Owen Roe
- Genoa Restaurant, Adelsheim Vineyard
- Little Bird Bistro, Soter Vineyards
- Ración, J. Christopher Wines
- Serratto Restaurant, St. Innocent Winery
- Cellar Z at Zupan’s Market Burnside, La Crema
In addition to winemaker dinner tickets, 550 raffle tickets are also available for purchase at $50 each. Raffle winners for the spring dinner series will receive a collection of $100 gift certificates to participating restaurants.
For more information on the spring winemaker dinners, the raffle and the auction, call (503) 972-0194 or visit www.classicwinesauction.com