2015 Sunset Savor The Central Coast Wine Event Happening September 26-27 in San Luis Obispo
California’s premier food, wine, travel and lifestyle event Volvo Presents Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast announces its new lineup of Winemaker Central seminars, featured during the Main Event held at the historic Santa Margarita Ranch from September 26-27.
Winemaker Central gives wine enthusiasts the chance to learn from some of the top minds in the business, including Sunset Wine Editor Sara Schneider.
“Presenting during Winemaker Central seminars at Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast each year is one of my favorite opportunities to interact with wine enthusiasts on a more intimate level,” said Sara Schneider. “Through discussions of the many facets of wine, we are able to create an experience that allows wine lovers the chance to learn about and taste the wines that they often only read about.”
San Luis Obispo County is home to some of the finest wines in the world, and Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast allows vinophiles the chance to expand their wine knowledge through small-group tastings not often found at large-scale wine tasting events. These 45-minute educational seminars are designed to educate and inform by providing an in-depth look into the latest and greatest trends in wine, offering tasting tips and exploring unique varietals.
Winemaker Central features several NEW themed sessions, including:
- Meet the Syrahs – Often misunderstood and ignored, Syrah has yet to enjoy its day in the sun. The Central Coast is producing versions of this wine second to none – in a range of styles form lean and earthy, in cool parts of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties, to more richly fruited, in warmer Paso Robles. Saturday, September 26
- Atascadero Craft Beer and Cider Tasting – Presented by Bristols Cider House and Tent City Beer Company. As ciders and craft beer grow in popularity, so do the stylistic differences in its production. Learn the nuances of beer and cider brewing from this exciting panel of local experts and taste your way through a wide variety of producers discovering which style is among your favorite! Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27
- Cool Chardonnay – The Maritime Influences on Coastal San Luis Obispo Chardonnay – Winemakers Brian Talley – Talley Vineyards, Fintan “Fin” du Fresne – Chamisal Vineyards, Mike Sinor – Sinor-Lavallee and Joe Ibrahim – Edna Valley Vineyards, come together to talk terroir, acid, and maritime influence as it pertains to the wine region of Coastal San Luis Obispo. This is an opportunity to join the Central Coast’s most esteemed producers as they discuss the character and complexities of Chardonnay that are distinctive to Coastal San Luis Obispo. Saturday, September 26
- Be a Wine Competition Judge – Go behind the scenes of Sunset’s International Wine Competition and taste medal winners alongside a panel of professional judges to learn what the pros think about when evaluating a wine. Saturday, September 26
- Sparkling Wines from Around the World – Learn how the terroir of the place, the method used and the winemaking choices implemented to make bubbles can create distinct, recognizable profiles. Then, taste blind to see if you can pick them out. Sunday, September 27
- Wine and Cheese Pairing – Making a truly complementary match between wine and cheese is harder than most people think. Taste some great pairings in this session and learn from the Central Coast cheese and wine experts. Sunday, September 27
Admission into Winemaker Central is available for just $25 with purchase of a Main Event Ticket. Advanced purchase is required as seminars sell out.To purchase tickets, and for more information about Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast and the 2015 Winemaker Central schedule, visit http://www.savorcentralcoast.com.