Muselet, the casual modern restaurant and wine bar in Portland, Oregon’s burgeoning South Waterfront neighborhood, will celebrate their one-year anniversary with daily drink specials every Tuesday-Saturday during the entire month of May.
Muselet is also excited to announce that their talented Sous Chef Alexander Sullivan-Parker will take over as Executive Chef as of June 1st. Chef Alexander Sullivan-Parker gives classic dishes a modern update in preparation and presentation, creating expressive food that is both exciting and familiar for diners. Sullivan-Parker started working in a kitchen to put himself through college, but realized that cooking was his true passion and calling.
He cooked in celebrated New England restaurants including Clio and Puritan & Company before moving to Portland in 2014. After working at the renowned Castanga for a year, he joined the Muselet team in 2015 as Sous Chef. Sullivan-Parker now takes the helm from Muselet’s opening Executive Chef Greg Zanotti who is moving on to pursue yet-to-be-announced projects.
Sullivan-Parker will continue Muselet’s unwavering commitment to sustainably sourcing the very best ingredients available and creating an unrivaled guest experience.
May marks Muselet’s one-year anniversary and they have created the following daily specials available all month long to celebrate the occasion:
- Champagne Tuesdays – Cheers to one year with $10 glasses of Champagne all night! Muselet has over 50 Champagnes and local and international sparkling wines. Many of the Champagnes come from very small ‘mom and pop’ producers that are not available anywhere else in town.
- Wine Wednesdays – Wine Wednesday means the bottles of wines in the Muselet wine book will be available at a discounted price. With over 350 bottles, you might just find your new favorite wine this Wednesday.
- Throwback Thursdays – Throwback Thursdays call for weekly classic cocktails at the special price of $7. In addition to their list of exceptional signature cocktails, Muselet offers a rotating selection of classic cocktails.
- Fizzy Fridays – Enjoy $4 local craft beers and $10 local sparkling wine all night every Friday in May. Come sit on Muselet’s patio with a cold one as the warm sunny days get longer!
- Wine Tasting Saturdays – Muselet continues their popular weekly complimentary wine tasting series from 5-6:30pm every Saturday featuring a different winemaker each week. The unique bottles of wines that are sampled are also available for purchase on the wine list for the rest of the week! Visit museletpdx.com for the list of scheduled participating wineries. (Muselet is closed Sundays and Mondays)
Muselet’s extensive beverage program is led by owner and perennial host Ron Acierto, whose friendships with wine producers in Oregon and around the world allow the restaurant to offer exclusive bottles only found at Muselet. Acierto invites everyone to come into Muselet during the May anniversary celebrations and raise a glass together.
Photo credit: Jannie Huang